My all-time favorite soup.
It takes me back to some of my most treasured memories of bonfire nights in the spinney at my parent’s old house, when we would light the path to the bonfire with candles, and enjoy hotdogs and mugs of this homemade honeyed carrot and squash soup before setting off the fireworks.
The sweetness of the soup is counterbalanced by the warm kick of the chili flakes.
Served piping hot, this makes for a perfect cockle-warmer during those chilling evenings of fall.
My recipe makes a beautifully thick soup –just how I like it– but adding more stock will thin it out.
Honeyed Carrot And Squash SoupCourse: Cook
My all-time favorite soup — simplicity, taste and memories.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the carrots, squash, honey, chili flakes and bay leaf, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock.
- Simmer on a medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup using a stick blender.
- Serve piping hot.
- My recipe makes a beautifully thick soup, but adding more stock will thin it out.